Re: Somes features requests / feedback
I think your software is a good one. If feets for many needs I have. Here you will find somes features requests / feedback
1) Disabling wizard on unknown machine (I have a lot of unknown machine and it's boring when I click on it to have the wizard)
2) Intrusion alert: I think that an icon that stay to indicate it's considered as an intrusion alert would be good (for example, 2 admins, one click, the other one don't see the alert unless going history). And to continue my idea, maybe a button that pass the element in "checked" state.
3) Maybe a dashboard page with more details or a customzable dashboard (Hostname, DNS name, Mac vendor, etc ...)
4) Cross nmap and xprobe2 fingerprinting to get a better OS detection (determine more elements and determine exactly which Windows is used: XP, 2003, etc ...).
5) About XML report, my objective is to make many graphical with Excel, maybe propose some export to csv (would be more easier?). For the moment I import the XML but the problem is that many line are repeated. Not really easy to count or make graphical (redundant information). My aim is to provide graphical like: OS detected, number, part of unknown, part of VMs, sort by Mac Vendor, Sort services, etc ...
6) Launch autoscan as a service with preloaded map.
7) Draw a topology which can be exported on visio
8) Not force default netmask (if I want to use autoscan on a particular subnet).
I was working on a long time with a sofware (very expensive) which does the same thing that Autoscan, my requests / feedback are based on my related experience in discovery features which can be useful in production context.
Post edited by: chintaoui, at: 2008/03/21 17:30
Post edited by: chintaoui, at: 2008/03/21 17:58
Post edited by: chintaoui, at: 2008/03/26 18:49<br><br>Post edited by: chintaoui, at: 2008/03/27 01:02